11.4.06

Well, my interview for this morning got moved to tomorrow morning. Border's also called me today, and I have an interview there on Friday afternoon. I am really hoping for the Border's job because even thought it'd mean less money, it'd be more fun than scannign documents all day. The upside of this is that Mike and I have rented a pretty cheap apartment ($550/mo), so we are under very little pressure to get high-paying jobs. Border's is also a 10 minute bus ride. I'm realllllly crossing my fingers for it. So, I've got the scan job interview tomorrow morning, and some crappy data entry job interview in the afternoon. To be honest, I don't want either job, but hey, it's a living. Oh to be independently wealthy!

Actually, I was thinking about this earlier: Portland really reminds me of Lincoln. Like all of the great parts of Lincoln, and amplified. There's a neighborhood a few blocks away called Laurelhurst that reminds me of the 27th & Van Dorn area. It's strange.

Well, I think I'm going to go take a walk. I'll post more later. And I'll throw in some of the pictures of Portland. Actually, I think I need to show you all updated pics of the apartment, since my mom was asking. I'll get in that in a bit.

Later!
--Anne

No comments: