26.4.06

I hope to make Mr. Miage proud...

Well, I'm typing this as the newest member of Tranquility Ponds. I'm there new retail/maintence/install guy for the Portland shop. It's a shop owned by two brothers and a sister dealing with all things pond related. What's kinda cool is we sell really odd/rare aquatic plants as well as 20 different kinds of koi, in addition to 1000's of different pumps, filters, liners, etc. It's a small place, which is nice since I really dont know what the heck I'm talking about initially. I'll mostly be working in the shop selling the products, but on the side (days off, or when a customer calls for help) I'll get to go to the houses and do cleanings or pump repairs or even installs with John the owner. The pay is good enough and it's fulltime, plus the side work is paid out at $15/HR plus commision on anything I use during the onsite work. Which according to Jeremiah (the manager) can ad up very quickly, since some of the pumps we sell are well over $800. So, it fells good to not be working for some megalo mart type of company, and I get to work with plants in a way. So that's my job in a nutshell, I start Friday. Peace, Love, and Ponds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats! sounds pretty awesome. :-)