10.4.06

Mike and I have two job interviews set up each. We're just spending some time settling into the new environment here. I cleaned house, did some laundry, and made a healthy lunch. We just got back from a small grocery shop at Uncle Paul's green grocer (his wife was on duty today) and Safeway for non-green items. I love that we can just walk to wherever we need to go. There's a credit union on the corner, so we're setting up a bank account there tomorrow. Everything we need will be within walking distance. CRAZY. Today is gorgeous outside. It's about 65 degrees and partly cloudy--but it's those huge fluffy clouds, so it's okay. I can't get over how freakin clean the air is here. It's just crisp and fresh. I love it.

My job interviews are in Beaverton and NW Portland, so I'd have to commute to work if I got hired. And not so simple as get on a bus and I'm there. I guess I asked for this by moving here! I'm going to have to get more acquainted with the transit system.

I want to thank Chris and Heather for coming to visit. We had a BLAST with them! I hope Portland made a good impression on you two--you seemed to acclimate well to this place. In any case, we hope you guys come back!

--Anne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Good luck to both of you! But uhhh...Beaverton by public transit is like an hour each way. Just an FYI!!

Anonymous said...

man, you're totally going to convince me that i need to move there.

Anne and Mike said...

Yeah Lish, however, it depends on where Mike ends up workin. If he's close to here, I can drive.

Krin, tell me what I need to do to convince you to move here!

Anonymous said...

Portland is a very easy city to acclimate to. the enviroment and people are really amazing. From being there last week, I got the impression that you will do very well there. portland seems to be a very good fit.

heather and I had a great time. as always you were generous and fun. it was fun and interesting learning about the city together. I can't wait to go back. good luck and take care,
chris

Anonymous said...

TRUE! Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the time your ass would be clockin on the bus. lolz!! :-P