8.4.06

Here comes the rain again

I went for a walk this morning up to Laurelhurst Park and around the neighborhood. It was spitting rain, but so beautiful. It's strange how when it's raining here, everything looks greener. The brightly-colored houses just pop, and the lush plants seem to be growing right before your eyes. I was soaked to the bone by the time I made it home.

In other news, there's a new coffee shop opening up right next door to our place! Now we only have to walk 10 yards to get our caffeine, instead of 100 yards.

This week, once Chris and Heather leave, Mike and I are hitting the pavement to find jobs. I've applied for several, but haven't heard back. I think this is going to take some elbow grease, but we can do it.

Also, we got the car back yesterday. Grand total for repairs including an oil change: $240
Could've been worse, I guess.

I think that today, we're going to drive up to Forest Park, a GIGANTIC park in the north part of the city. A lot of it is pristine forest still, so this should be interesting. Portland has managed to keep intact much of it's wilderness. I truly appreciate that about this city. It's a sort of symbiotic relationship with nature.

--Anne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all sounds like it is going well ,great friends, great food, gerat place , AIN'T LIFE GRAND!!! we love you guys. nubblewest out