4.5.06

ah, tomorrow

tomorrow morning, i start working the 6am shift. i am so glad to start on it, since i'm going to really need to get accustomed to getting up that early. i could blabber on about my job, but i guess it's not all that interesting to anyone but me.

next thursday i meet with the director of volunteer services of the multnomah county libraries. i have signed up to volunteer my time to the belmont public library. i think i'll mostly be reading to kids, at least this summer, for their "summer reading program". my goal is to get some more library experience under my belt, and possibly (that's a HUGE "possibly") go back to get my masters in library science. i think ideally, i would wait until next year to attempt to go back to school, so i'll have a whole year of making NO money, and i'll get the maximum amount for loans. again, this is totally in the preliminary idea stage. i've barely even talked it over with mike. all i know is this: i do not want to work in retail for the rest of my life. and since i'm certainly not on the "housewife career track", i need to look at my options. and i really, truly loved working in the library. literacy is something that i can get behind. and i won't be selling anything. ugh, i'm going to have to take the GRE, i just know it. stupid standardized tests...

that's about all the news from my neck of the woods. the weather is brilliant, still. i have a 3 day weekend. lish may be coming to visit this weekend, so that'll be fun. my sister kirsten was apparently in the hospital this week, but it slipped her mind to tell me when i called her. i guess it must not have been too serious ;)

okay, time to go do a few things before i turn in at 9pm. this 6am thing...

love you all!
--anne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nasty rumors.....

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»