18.9.06

My Rainy Bike Commute...

Well today was my first day of pretty heavy rain while riding my bike to work. Luckily some things have come along in the world of technofibers, so that I dont have to ride with an umbrella in one hand. My bike has a set of full fenders on both the front and back wheels, so it keeps my feet dry from the wheels at least. I was a bit skiddish today, since i have never really ridden a bike in the rain on city streets during rush hours. My bike is a hybrid, so it has features of both a road bike and a mountain bike. It has road bike tires (really skinny and slick) which I like because of the speed you can get going on dry pavement. But in the rain it's an entirely different feeling. I must say I really loved it though, riding in the rain that is. There was just a fraction of the amount of bike riders there are on nice days, it really kinda felt like the rode was yours. And well about 2000 cars also. Anyway, I just needed to right that. I show up to work soaking wet, and I get home from work soaking wet, and I dont think I could be smiling any wider. Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're a trooper mike. i would have been in a cab after about two blocks.