28.3.06

Still in Santa Fe





Just woke up fully rested and not so sick. Let me just say that the little I've seen of Santa Fe I really love. It's laid back, friendly, and so clean. We went to a little thai restaraunt last night for dinner. I had this spicy chicken soup that had coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger, kafir lime leaves, and chilies. It cleared my sinuses right up. I put the leftovers in my thermos and I'm gonna drink it for lunch. Anyway, I recommend this place to anyone rolling through Santa Fe. We were asking our waiter about a place where we can buy a nice baguette and a good espresso, and a customer sitting a couple tables away from us recommended a place up the road called the Sage Bakery. So we're going to check that out this morning before we head to Sedona and Flagstaff.
I spoke to Matt in Flagstaff, who we're staying with, and he seems really cool (thanks christianna!). I'm looking forward to seeing more of this gorgeous landscape. After Flagstaff, we have a LONG drive to the coast. We have a reservation in a hostel in San Luis Obispo. I'm really thinking that it's gonna be more than an 8 hour drive, but who knows. Today will be more relaxing since our drive today is only 5.5 hours. Okay, we're off to repack the car and see Santa Fe for a bit.

Thanks for all your comments! It's really awesome knowing that we have so many people rooting for us. All our love, Anne and Mike

No comments: