14.7.06

mike and i had the best weekend ever. we went to the northwest neighborhood (ultra trendy) and had dinner with kim and kevin, two of the nicest people we've ever met. kevin's brother is the touring manager for the rolling stones and he's got the coolest apartment i've ever seen. ever. anyway, kim cooked us a delicious dinner and we drank wine and beer and sat on the rooftop (i know!) patio. of all the nights to not have the camera on me! the view is spectacular. we could see the west hills behind us and all of portland stretching ahead. lit up at night (or during the day for that matter), portland is gorgeous. i am smitten by this wonderful city.

anyway, earlier that day i met up with yoshi. yosh is one of my oldest friends on the planet and she just moved to portland. i showed her around a little bit. it was really nice to see her. she and i are hanging out tonight, too. we're going to a place called "pix" a couple of blocks over from here. it's a chocolate bar (i know!). they serve all sorts of chocolate delicacies and beer and wine. i'll be sure and take the camera this time.

i wish you all could be here to enjoy this city the way we are. you're the only thing missing!

love, anne

p.s. we finally bought a bed. we pick it up a week from today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great -- I am so happy to hear you love Portland. I wish I could come with Kirsten in September, but just cannot take any more time off work. Our garden got beat up by a hail storm a couple of weeks ago, so I don't think I will be canning much this year. Too bad! But I will make as much salsa as I can. Wish you were here to share our zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, banana peppers, okra. Our acorn squash are growing great, so I am looking forward to having those for the first time. We got 1.7 inches of rain two days ago. I love you both and miss you so much. I will try to call you this weekend. Love from Mom and Paul

Anonymous said...

social lives are awesome. i need to get me some of that.